Setting up correctly Visual C++ Express is not obvious, especially as we want to take advantage of video capture facilities provided by DirectShow. Here are the steps to follow to get a correct Visual C++ installation:
· Download and install Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition from MSDN.
· Download and install the Platform SDK, and update the Visual C++ setting as detailed .
· Download and install the DirectX SDK, and update the Visual C++ setting accordingly.
· Update the Visual C++ directories in the Projects section of the Options dialog box. Add the ATL path to the Include files (the path shown is the default, use the path to your actual location) : C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\include\atl
· Change AllocStdCallThunk and FreeStdCallThunk at line 287 of atlbase.h in the ATL folder of the Platform SDK install to the new macros :
/* Comment it
PVOID __stdcall __AllocStdCallThunk(VOID);
VOID __stdcall __FreeStdCallThunk(PVOID);
#define AllocStdCallThunk() __AllocStdCallThunk()
#define FreeStdCallThunk(p) __FreeStdCallThunk(p)
#pragma comment(lib, "atlthunk.lib")
#define AllocStdCallThunk() HeapAlloc(GetProcessHeap(),
#define FreeStdCallThunk(p) HeapFree(GetProcessHeap(), 0, p)